Wind River expanded its partner validation program for Wind River Linux and VxWorks to the aerospace and defense market. Wind River announced initial partnerships with AdaCore, Aicas, Alt Software, Atego, Esterel Technologies, Presagis, and PrismTech, all of which will provide software that is integrated and validated with the latest releases of Wind River's embedded distributions, says the company.
Wind River announced the partner validation program expansion at Avionics Europe today in Amsterdam. The new partners provide software targeting the avionics, secure military communications, unmanned systems, and complex control systems segments, says Wind River. The Wind River integrated solutions will meet mil-aero safety standards including RTCA DO-178B and EUROCAE ED-12B Level A, as well as the Common Criteria EAL4 and EAL6+ security standards, says the company.
The Wind River Partner Validation Program was launched last May, initially targeting networking and telecoms partners 6Wind, Continuous Computing, GoAhead Software, Oracle, RadVision, and Tail-f Systems. In September, Wind River expanded the program to address the industrial and medical markets, adding Acontis Technologies, Esterel Technologies, KW-Software, and Softing AG. (Apparently, a company can join multiple times for different industries, as Esterel as re-upped again for the mil-aero version.)
Wind River's partners will integrate, verify, and validate software components, says the company. In addition to offering customers pre-validated stacks using the VxWorks real-time operating system (RTOS) and Wind River Linux, the partners will offer software, testing, and commercial support, including longevity and lifecycle support, says Wind River.
PrismTech's Linux-ready Spectra OE architecture
- AdaCore — Commercial software for Ada program development using VxWorks
- Aicas — Java analysis and development tools, plus fully deterministic JamaicaVM for real-time and embedded systems, using Linux and VxWorks
- Alt Software — Software enabling 2D and 3D graphics in embedded computing system displays, using VxWorks
- Atego — Design and development tools and services for modeling architectures, complex mission and safety-critical systems, and software, along with Ada and Java development solutions
- Esterel Technologies — Model-based design and verification tools for critical embedded systems that typically require certification
- Presagis — Human Machine Interface (HMI) modeling tools and graphics drivers for embedded graphics development
- PrismTech — Spectra SDR middleware and tools for software defined radio and software-based communications, built on Linux and VxWorks, based on its Spectra OE architecture (see diagram above)
Stated Rob Hoffman, VP and GM, aerospace and defense, Wind River, "Through the Wind River Partner Validation Program, Wind River and its partners reduce software integration risk and enable customers to rapidly deliver projects that comply with the industry's stringent safety standards."
More information about the Wind River partner validation program may be found here. At Avionics Europe in Amsterdam this week, Wind River and its partners will provide demonstrations of pre-validated software, and will offer workshops with Esterel, Alt Software, and Presagis, at stand E31.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.