Axiomtek announced a fanless, Intel Core 2 Duo-ready in-vehicle box computer that supports Linux. The eBOX310-830-FL resists vibration, can be switched on and off by a car's ignition switch, and complies with E-Mark E13 and ISO-7637 standards for vehicle manufacturers, says the company.
Designed as an in-vehicle computer, the eBOX310-830-FL can be integrated into cars, trucks, buses, or even boats, says Axiomtek. The 8.8 x 9.8 x 2.6-inch computer appears to be based on the Axiomtek EP830, an EPIC-format single-board computer (SBC), pictured farther below. The PC incorporates Intel's 945GME northbridge and ICH7M southbridge, and supports the chipmaker's Core 2 Duo, Core Duo, Core Solo, or Celeron M CPUs, while accepting up to 2GB of DDR2 RAM, says Axiomtek.
eBOX310-830-FL (rear view)
An MCU power control microprocessor and a modifiable power ignition switch function turns on the eBOX310-830-FL automatically when the vehicle starts, and shuts it down when the vehicle is turned off, Axiomtek says. The computer is also said to include a watchdog timer and to comply with the E-Mark Certification (E-13) standard for automakers.
eBOX310-830-FL (front view)
- Processor — Socket M for Intel Core2 Duo, Core Duo, Core Solo, or Celeron M CPUs
- Chipset — Intel 945GME and ICH7M
- Memory — Up to 2GB DDR2 (400/533MHz) DRAM) via 1 x 200-pin SODIMM
- 1 x CompactFlash Type-II slot
- 2 x Mini-PCI Express slots
- Storage — 2.5-inch HDD bay with optional 40GB to 160GB drives
- Networking — 2 x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 3 x RS-232 (COM1/2/3) ports
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x VGA port
- DVI-I port
- 1 x audio port (Mic-in/Line-out)
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse
- 1 x SMA type connector opening
- Other features:
- Watchdog timer
- 3 x status LEDs
- DIN-rail-, wall-, or stand-mounting
- Aluminum extrusion and heavy-duty steel chassis
- Operating temperature — 32 to 122 deg. F (0 to 50 deg. C ) with HDD
- Vibration resistance — 2Grms with HDD (5-500Hz, X, Y, Z directions)
- E-Mark Certification (E-13) compliant
- 1 x VDC power input connector
- Intelligent power ignition switch function
- Dimensions — 8.8 x 9.8 x 2.6 inches (224.1 x 250 x 66.5mm)
- Weight — 6.61 to 8.37 lbs (3.0 to 3.8 k)
- Operating system — Linux, Windows CE, Windows XP Embedded
The eBOX310-830-FL will be available with Linux, Windows CE, or Windows XP Embedded operating systems around the middle of February, says Axiomtek. More information may be found here.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.