Teknor Applicom Inc. has announced a new Pentium III based single-board computer in a PICMG-compliant form-factor. The PCI-948 has dual Ethernet interfaces and aimed at OEM datacom and telecom applications. Teknor supports the PCI-948 under Linux as well as several other operating systems.
The PCI-948 (see photo) boasts PIII processor speeds up to 500 MHz and comes with 256 KB of 64-bit L2 cache. Other onboard features include:
- Two onboard 10/100 Ethernet interfaces
- Two enhanced IDE hard disk interfaces
- Onboard 64-bit SVGA controller
- Optional CompactFlash support
- Two-stage software programmable Watchdog Timer
- Two USB ports
- Serial and parallel ports
- PC/104-Plus expansion socket for add-on functions
- PICMG form-factor (PCI and ISA bus)
Teknor Applicom, a Kontron company, is a leading supplier of applied computing solutions to OEMs and Systems Integrators for telecommunications, Internet, industrial automation, and mobile computing applications. Teknor offers dedicated, high performance systems solutions, single board computers, portable computers, integrated software support, and custom engineered solutions across various industry-standard platforms: CompactPCI, PCI, PCI/ISA, and PC/104. Teknor is a charter member of Intel's Applied Computing Platform Provider (ACPP) program.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.