Ibase announced a PICMG 1.3 full-size CPU card supporting Intel's “Sandy Bridge” Core i7, i5, and i3 processors with an Intel Q67 chipset and up to 8GB of DDR3 memory. The IB960 offers dual 3Gbps and four 6Gbps SATA ports, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, mini-PCIe expansion, a real-world USB 2.0 ports with eight more internal USB ports, and additional internal I/O.
The IB960 targets demanding applications in the medical, industrial automation, communications, and DVR, says Ibase. The company has previously released PICMG cards adhering to the 1.0 version of the standard, such as the IB945. The new IB8960 instead moves up to PICMG 1.3. (More background on this revision be found in our report on the Intel Xeon-based Trenton Technology TSB7053.)
Like Axiomtek's PICMG 1.3-based SHB106, announced in June, Ibase's IB960 adopts this year's "2nd Gen" Core processors based on its "Sandy Bridge" architecture, and features the Intel QM67 chipset. The IB960 offers a slightly lesser feature set compared to Axiomtek's SHB106, but presumably also offers a lower price. (As usual with embedded board announcements, pricing was not provided.)
(Click to enlarge)
On the board's edge one finds several real-world connectors including a VGA port, a USB 2.0 port, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, and a PS/2 keyboard/mouse port. An internal LCD interface supports DVI-D and 24-bit dual channel LVDS interface, says Ibase.
(Click to enlarge)
Features and specifications listed for the IB960 include:
- Processor — LGA11565 socket for 2nd-Gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 up to 3.4GHz
- Chipset — Intel Q67
- Memory — up to 8GB DDR3 1066/1333MHz RAM via 2 x DIMMs
- Expansion — 1 x mini-PCIe
- Storage — 6 x SATA (2 x 3Gbps; 4 x 6Gbps) with RAID support (type unstated)
- Display — VGA port; integrated LCD interface supports DVI-D/24-bit LVDS
- Networking — 2 x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 1 x USB 2.0 port
- 8 x USB 2.0 via internal header
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse
- 1 x LPT
- 1 x RS-232/422/485
- 1 x RS-232
- DIO (4 x in, 4 x out)
- Other features — HD codec audio (Realtek ALC662); hardware monitoring; watchdog
- Power — TBD
- Temperature — 32 to 140 deg. F (0 to 60 deg. C)
- Dimensions — 13.3 x 4.96 inches (338 x 126mm); PICMG 1.3
No pricing, availability, or operating system information was provided on the IB960, but more information may be found on the Ibase IB960 product page.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.