Axiomtek is shipping a full-size PICMG 1.0 single board computer (SBC) designed to accept Intel's “Sandy Bridge” generation Core i7/ i5/ i3 processors. The SBC81210 supports up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and offers PCI expansion, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, six USB 2.0 ports, dual serial ports, and four SATA ports, including one 6Gbps port.
Whereas most recent PICMG boards, including Axiomtek's SHB106, use the PICMG 1.3 format, the SBC81210 goes old school with PICMG 1.0 (also used by Axiomtek's circa-2008 SBC81206). PICMG 1.0 offers ISA and PCI interfaces to the backplane, whereas PICMG 1.3 provides PCI Express and/or PCI/PCI-X interfaces.
(Click to enlarge)
Like the SHB106, the SBC81210 supports Intel's latest "2nd Generation" "Sandy Bridge" line of Core processors. However, the top-of-the-line Intel QM67 chipset, which offers AMT 7.0 technology, among other benefits, is offered only as an option. The device ships with the Intel B65 Express as standard, according to Axiomtek.
SBC81210 port detail
(Click to enlarge)
Dual gigabit Ethernet ports are provided on the backplane, along with two of the six available USB 2.0 ports. Additional I/O includes an RS-232 and RS-232/422/425 port, PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports, audio I/O, and printer and floppy ports, says Axiomtek.
Industrial housing enclosures and industrial integration support are said to be available on special order, the company adds.
Features and specifications listed for the SBC81210 include:
- Processor — LGA1155 socket for "Sandy Bridge" Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors
- Chipset — Intel B65 Express
- Memory — up to 8GB DDR3 1066/1333MHz RAM via 2 x 240-pin DIMMs
- Expansion — PCI with 4 x bus masters
- SATA 6Gbps port
- 3 x SATA 3Gbps ports
- optional RAID 0/1/10/5 only with optional Intel Q67 chipset
- Display — VGA port; optional DisplayPort; Intel HD graphics
- Networking — 2 x gigabit Ethernet ports with wake-on-LAN, PXE boot ROM
- Other I/O:
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 x appears to be backplane ports)
- 1 x FDD
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 mouse
- 1 x LPT with SPP/EPP/ECP support
- 1 x RS-232 (COM 1)
- 1 x RS-232/422/485 (COM 2)
- Audio — HD codec audio with mic, line-in, line-out, and speaker-out; optional audio kit (AX93242)
- Other features — hardware monitoring; SMBus; watchdog timer
- Power — TBD
- Temperature — 32 to 140 deg. F (0 to 60 deg. C)
- Dimensions — 13.3 x 4.8 inches (338 x 122mm); PICMG 1.0
The SBC81210 will be available in the beginning of October, at an undisclosed price. No operating system details were supplied, but Linux and Windows seem more than likely. More information may be found at Axiomtek's SBC81210 page.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.