Acrosser announced two Linux-ready “All-in-One” boards for gaming and AWP (Amusement With Prizes) machines. The ACE-B5296 supports an Intel Pentium and 915GME northbridge, and the ACE-B5692 runs a Core 2 Duo and GME965, and both offer dual VGA outputs, PCIe expansion, plus Ethernet, USB, serial, storage, ccTalk, and JAMMA I/O.
Acrosser's "All-in-One" line of gaming platforms are claimed to meet GLI, BMM, Comma 6A/B, and many other gaming specifications and regulations. Acrosser also provides ODM services for modifying the products to meet the jurisdictions of specific countries.
The ACE-B5296 is designed for the Italian Comma 6A/B AWP, and VLT markets, and supports JAMMA (Japan Amusement Machinery Manufacturers Association), and the ACE-B5692 supports both JAMMA and popular eight-liner interfaces which enable the product to be deployed around the world, says the company.
(Click to enlarge)
While the ACE-B5296 provides 10/100 Fast Ethernet networking, the ACE-B5692 moves up to gigabit Ethernet. Both provide two external USB 2.0 ports and four USB pin headers, as well as a DB9 RS232 port and dual serial pin headers, says the company. In addition, the boards offer dual ccTalk/RS232interfaces, as well as JAMMA gaming interfaces.
Other gaming-oriented features include digital I/O with interrupt, timer, intrusion logger, SRAM, iButton and ProtectU security features, a random number generator, and a secure Real Time Clock, says Acrosser.
ACE-B5692, detailed view
(Click to enlarge)
Features and specifications listed by ACROSSER for the ACE-5296 and ACE-B5692 include:
- Processor — Intel Pentium/Celeron M (ACE-B5296); Intel Core 2 Duo/Celeron M (ACE-B5692)
- Chipset — Intel 915GME + ICH6M (ACE-B5296); Intel GME965 + ICH8M (ACE-B5692)
- Memory — 2 x DIMM slot for DDR2 RAM for up to 2GB (ACE-B5296) or up to 4GB (ACE-B5692)
- Flash — 1 x CompactFlash socket Type II (support UDMA)
- Storage — 1 x IDE, 1 x SATA, and 1 x DOM (ACE-B5296); 2 x SATA (ACE-B5692)
- Expansion — 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- Display — 2 x VGA (1 x DB15, 1 x onboard pin header); optional DVI-I (ACE-B5692 only)
- Networking — 1 x 10/100 Intel 82562ET PHY ACE-B5296); 1 x 10/100/1000 Intel 82574L (ACE-B5692)
- Other I/O:
- 3 x RS-232 (1 x DB9, 2 x onboard pin header)
- 2 x ccTalk/RS-232 (2 x onboard pin header, 1 x on JAMMA)
- 6 x USB 2.0 (2 x external port, 4 x onboard pin header)
- Gaming I/O and functions:
- Italian JAMMA interface
- 14 x optical isolated digital input
- 15 x 1000 mA digital output
- 4 x 16-bit interruptible timer
- 2 x 8-bit DIP switch
- 2 x 256KB battery backup SRAM (optional 2 x 512KB)
- 1K Bytes EEPROM
- Intrusion logger (1 x chassis intrusion switch; 3 bits on golden fingers)
- 16-bit random number generator
- iButton socket and ProtectU security features
- Power — 5V and 12V input to golden finger
- Operating temperature — 32 to 140 deg. F (0 to 60 deg. C)
- ACE-B5296 7.26 x 8.97 inches (184.3 x 227.78mm)
- ACE-B5692 6.73 x 8.43 inches (171 x 214mm)
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.