At the next meeting of the Real-time and Embedded Systems Forum, which takes place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas on July 18-19, the forum will explore possibilities for standardizing real-time functions within POSIX Profiles that can unify Linux and other POSIX compatible operating systems.
Specifically, on Thursday July 19th, the meeting agenda includes the following session . . .
2:00 — 3:30 … Profiles Working Group Open Session
This session is being led by Glen Logan and includes invited presentations from the following:
- Joe Gwinn, IEEE SSWG-RT Chair, — POSIX Status Update
- Doug Robinson, DISA, — APIs and Profiles needs for RT DII COE
- Linux representative (TBD), — Embedded Linux Profile needs
- Can we being together the EL/IX specification and the POSIX 1003.13 profiles
- What is missing from the current profiling efforts?
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.