Avalue is shipping a module using Kontron's ETX “computer-on-module” form-factor, targeting industrial applications. The Linux-compatible ESM-910ETX supports dual-channel LVDS for simultaneous display from two sources, has an Intel Celeron M processor clocked at 600MHz, and uses dual-channel DDR2 memory, the… company says.
Touted as an upgrade replacement for previous modules that were based on Intel's 852GM chipset, the ESM-910ETX offers higher component integration, greater bandwidth, and better power efficiency than these older designs, claims Taiwan-based Avalue. Applications are said to include industrial automation, medical, transportation, measurement, point-of-sale (POS), kiosk, thin client, and digital control devices.
The fanless ESM-910ETX uses Intel's 910GMLE chipset, which supports dual-channel DDR2 400MHz system memory. The use of DDR2 RAM improves peak memory bandwidth by over 20 percent, and reduces memory power consumption by 50 percent, claims Avalue.
The 4.5 x 3.7-inch ESM-910ETX adheres to Kontron's familiar ETX format, and apparently complies with the ETX 3.0 revision, since it incorporates dual SATA ports. The device also includes a 600MHz Intel Celeron processor, four USB 2.0 ports, and dual serial ports.
Features listed for the ESM-910ETX by Avalue include the following:
- Processor — Intel Celeron M 600MHz or Intel uFC-BGA 479 Celeron M 600MHz; 512K L2 cache
- Chipset — Intel 910GMLE with ICH6-M
- Memory — 200-pin SODIMM socket, supporting up to 1GB DDR2 333/400MHz SDRAM
- Display memory — Intel DVMT 3.0, supporting up to 128MB video memory
- Display resolution — CRT mode 2048 x 1536 @ 16bpp (75Hz); LCD/simultaneous mode 1600 x 1200 @16bpp (60Hz)
- LVDS - dual-channel 18/24-bit LVDS
- Audio — Intel NH82801FBN ICH6-M with Realtek ALC203 AC97 codec; line in, line out, and Mic in
- Expansion — 4 x PCI; 1 x ISA
- Networking — 10/100Mbps (Realtek 8101E)
- USB — 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial — 2 x TTL serial
- IrDA - 115Kbps, IrDA 1.0 compliant
- Storage I/O — 2 x SATA; 1 x EIDE (Ultra DMA 100); 1 x FDD/LPT
- Watchdog timer — Reset 1 sec. to about 255 min.
- Dimensions — 4.5 x 3.7 inches (114 x 95mm); ETX format
- Operating temperature — 32 to 140 degrees F (0 to 60 degrees C)
- Operating system — Linux, Windows CE, Windows XP Embedded (XPe),
The ESM-910ETX appears to be available now for an undisclosed price. More information may be found here.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.