Axiomtek is shipping an EPIC format single-board computer (SBC) for digital signage, digital video recorder (DVR), point-of-sale (POS), and gaming applications. The Linux-compatible EP840 supports Intel's 45-nm Core 2 Duo (“Penryn”) processors and is equipped with a Mobile Intel GME965 chipset, says… Axiomtek.
The EP840 has a Socket P interface that accepts Intel's 45-nm “Penryn” Core 2 Duo and Celeron M processors, according to Axiomtek. The SBC has a 6667/800MHz frontside bus and uses an Intel GME965 chipset, which features an ICH8M Express southbridge and mobile Intel GMA X3100 graphics chipset. The X3100 is said to offer eight fully programmable execution cores and full DirectX 10 compliance.
EP840 (detail view)
(Click to enlarge)
Display features for the EP840 include a dual-view display with resolution up to 2048 x 1536, says Axiometek. The system also offers a DVI-I interface that integrates DVI-D and CRT support, as well as 24-bit signal/dual channel LVDS for flat-panel LCD and digital projectors.
The EP840 is equipped with dual gigabit Ethernet ports via a PCIe bus, and offers a PCI-104 slot and a CompactFlash slot for SSD storage expansion. In addition, the SBC furnishes six USB 2.0 ports and two SATA ports, with transfer rates up to 300MB/s, says the company. Other I/O includes eight Digital I/O interfaces and four COM ports.
The EP840, front and back
(Click on either to enlarge)
Specifications listed for the EP840 are said to include:
- Processor — Socket P (478) for Intel Core 2 Duo/Celeron M processors, with 667/800MHz FSB and Intel GME965 GMCH chipset
- Memory — 1 x 200-pin DDR-2 SODIMM for up to 2GB
- Flash expansion — CompactFlash Type-II slot with DMA mode support
- System expansion — PCI-104 for 32-bit/33MHz PCI stacking expansion
- Display/graphics — Intel GME965 GMCH with Intel GMA X3100 graphics
- Display resolution:
- CRT — 2548 x 1536
- First LVDS LCD — 1600 x 1200
- DualView mode CRT — 2548 x 1536
- DualView mode first LVDS LCD — 1600 x 1200
- Display memory — up to 256MB frame buffer
- Display interfaces:
- CRT with box-header for DAC output
- LVDS LCD with 1 x 40-pin Hirose connectors
- DVI-I connector
- Audio — high-definition audio
- Networking — 2 x RTL8111B for PCIe gigabit Ethernet
- USB — 6 USB 2.0 ports
- Other I/O:
- 1 x PATA-100 IDE
- 2 x SATA-150/300 IDE
- 1 x PS/2 K/B + M/S
- 4 x COM (RS-232)
- Digital I/O with 3 channels in, 5 channels out
- Watchdog timer — 255 levels as SMI, and reset from 0 to 255 seconds
- Battery — Lithium 3V/196 mAH
- Dimensions — 6.5 x 4.5 inches (165 x 115mm); EPIC format
- Operating temperature — 32 to 140 degrees F (0 to 60 degrees C)
- Operating system — unstated, but Axiomtek typically supports Linux and various Windows operating systems
The EP840 appears to be available now, at an undisclosed price. More information may be found here.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.