Embedded Linux stalwart MontaVista Software is expanding its embedded Linux training program, opening it up for the first time to the general public. Previously, the training was available only to the company's software and tools customers.
The following paragraphs highlight the upcoming courses, as described by MontaVista. Unless otherwise noted, the courses are held on the company's Santa Clara, Calif. campus.
- Embedded Linux Foundation for Managers — This course provides managers with an overview of embedded Linux. Topics include technology basics, commercial and legal implications, and decision-making regarding the appropriate use of embedded Linux. This one-day course includes continental breakfast and lunch. Date: November 13. Price: $995.
- System Development Jump-Start using MontaVista Linux — This advanced, four-day programming course covers system development for embedded systems using MontaVista Linux. The course provides the skills needed to develop, test, and integrate complex software, including multi-threaded processes and embedded kernel modules. Topics include DevRocket, building and booting, and timers and IPC mechanisms. Dates: December 4-7. Price: $2,695.
- Device Drivers with Embedded Linux — This four-day programming course instructs professional developers on how to write device drivers for embedded MontaVista systems. It teaches the skills needed to successfully develop, test, and integrate kernel modules and device drivers, with tips on using a /proc handler, driver loading and installation, and control of processes and threads. Dates: October 30-November 2; November 13-16 (London, U.K.); and December 11-14. Price: $2,695.
- System Development Jumpstart with MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition — This advanced four-day programming course focuses on system development for embedded systems using MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition. Presented at various locations or on-site, the course shows how to develop, test, and integrate Carrier Grade software with tips on AIS, HPI and SMI SA Forum components, cluster membership and service migration policies. Other topics include mastering the shelf controller and IPMI and HPI interfaces. Date: available on request. Price: $2,695.
- System Development Jumpstart with MontaVista Mobilinux — This advanced, four-day programming course focuses on system development for embedded systems using MontaVista Mobilinux. Presented at various locations or on-site, the course shows how to develop, test, and integrate complex software appropriate to mobile devices. Topics include Linux scheduling policies, hard real-time performance and memory management, developing and debugging a multi-threaded application using IPC mechanisms, power management infrastructure, and designing for fast start-up and small footprint. Date: available on request. Price: $2,695.
Further information and registration are available on MontaVista's training page.
Courses can also be customized for user needs, says MontaVista, and can be given onsite at customer locations:
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.