Taiwan Commate Computer (Commell) is shipping a 5.25-inch form-factor SBC (single-board computer) that supports Intel's Core Duo and Core Solo processors. The LS-570 boasts four PCI Express-interfaced gigabit Ethernet (Gig-E) ports, along with an extensive set of video, disk, and PC-style I/O interfaces.
The LS-570 is built with an Intel 945GM Express chipset that supports a 667 MHz FSB, said to provide 25 percent greater bandwidth than the previous generation chipsets. The board has two DDR2 memory slots for up to 3 GB of 533/667 MHz SDRAM.
The 945GM chipset integrates a 256-bit, 400 MHz graphics core, which includes DirectX 9 3D hardware acceleration. Commell says this provides a 2x improvement in graphics performance over the previous generation chipset. Additionally, the graphics subsystem supports analog and digital display resolutions of up to 2048 x 1536, along with HDTV output.
The four gigabit Ethernet ports are implemented using Intel's 82573L controllers, which feature advanced interrupt-handling features and efficient ring-buffer descriptor data structures, and on-chip caching for up to 64 packet descriptors per queue, according to Commell.
Commell lists the following key features and specifications for the LS-570:
- Processor — Core Duo and Core Solo in Micro-FCPGA478 package
- Chipset — 945GM + ICH7M
- Memory — 2 240-pin DDR2 slots support up to 3 GB of 533/667 MHz SDRAM
- GMA (Graphics Media Accelerator) 950 engine
- up to 224 MB video memory shared with system memory
- analog CRT and dual 18-bit LVDS outputs with resolution to 2048 x 1536
- HDTV out at 480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p, and 1080i/p resolution
- Ultra DMA 33 IDE supports up to 2 ATAPI drives
- 2 serial ATA ports with 150 MB/s transfer rate
- CompactFlash socket
- External I/O ports:
- 4 gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- 2 USB 2.0
- serial — 9-pin RS232
- Internal I/O ports (pin headers):
- 4 USB 2.0
- 3 serial — 2 RS232, 1 RS232/RS422/485
- PS/2 keyboard and mouse
- FDD, parallel port
- CD in and audio
- 8-bit digital I/O
- Expansion — 1 PCI slot, 1 mini-PCI slot
- Power — standard 24-pin ATX power connector or 8 to 24 VDC on 2-pin power jack
- Dimensions — 5.75 x 7.99 inches (146 x 203 mm)
Price and availability were not disclosed.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.