Avalue is shipping a COM Express Computer-on-Module (COM) aimed at gaming machines. The ESM-GM45 supports Intel Core 2 Duo or Celeron M processors, is equipped with an Intel GM45 chipset, supports up to 4GB DDR2 memory, and offers interfaces including gigabit Ethernet, SATA, USB 2.0, PCI, and PCI Express, says the company.
Designed for gaming machines, such as slot machines, video games, or multi-player games, the ESM-GM45 gets its name from the Intel GM45 graphics chipset. The GM45 is accompanied by an ICH9-M controller, and the module offers a socket that supports either an Intel Core 2 Duo or Celeron M processor, says Avalue. The COM supports up to 4GB DDR2 667/800Mhz SDRAM via dual 200-pin SODIMMs, says the company.
(Click to enlarge)
Storage support includes four SATA interfaces, while expansion is provided via four PCI, four PCI-Express (PCIe) x1, and one PCIe x16 slots, says the company. A gigabit Ethernet controller is said to be included, as well as eight USB 2.0 interfaces, LPC, SMbus/I2C, and eight GPIOs.
A "function-ready" baseboard is also said to be available for the COM Express-compliant module. The device supports Linux as well as various flavors of Windows, according to Avalue.
Specifications listed for the ESM-GM45 include:
- Processor — Supports Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel Celeron M CPUs
- Chipset — Intel GM45 with ICH9-M
- Memory — Up to 4GB DDR2 667/800Mhz SDRAM via 2 x 200-pin SODIMMs
- 4 x PCI (PCI Rev. 2.3 compliant)
- 4 x PCIe x1
- 1 x PCIe x16
- Intel GM45 with HDTV-out interface
- Intel DVMT 5.0 display memory
- CRT resolution: 2048 x 1536 @ 60Hz
- LCD/simultaneous resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz
- Multiple display: CRT + LVDS, CRT + TV-out, LVDS + TV-out
- Dual-channel 18-bit LVDS
- Audio — Intel High Definition Audio
- Networking — Intel 82583V gigabit Ethernet controller with Wake on LAN
- Other I/O interfaces:
- 8 x USB 2.0
- 4 x SATA
- 1 x EIDE (Ultra DMA 100)
- SMbus/I2C bus
- 4-bit GPI and 4-bit GPO
- Power — +12V, +5Vsb; AT/ ATX (+5Vsb required for AT input)
- Operating temperature — 32 to 140 deg. F (0 to 60 deg. C)
- Dimensions — 5.0 x 3.7 inches (125 x 95 mm)
- Operating system — Linux, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows XPe, and Windows CE
The ESM-GM45 COM is now available, says Avalue, which did not list pricing. More information may be found here.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.