Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com and HackerBoards.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit HackerBoards.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at HackerBoards.com
- Congatec’s first Apollo Lake COMs include SMARC 2.0 model -- Oct 26, 2016 -- Congatec announced three Linux-friendly COMs based on Intel’s new Atom E3900 SoC: a Qseven, a COM Express Compact, and one of the first SMARC 2.0 modu... read more
- New IoT-oriented Cortex-M MCUs add ARMv8 and TrustZone -- Oct 26, 2016 -- ARM launched its first Cortex-M MCUs with ARMv8-M and TrustZone security: the tiny, low-power Cortex-M23 and faster Cortex-M33. At the ARM TechCon show in S... read more
- Intel launches 14nm Atom E3900 and spins an automotive version -- Oct 25, 2016 -- Intel unveiled its Atom E3900 “Apollo Lake” embedded SoCs, with Gen 9 graphics, 4x ISPs, and time-sync’d peripherals, and tipped an A3900 ... read more
- pcDuino goes quad-core, swaps Arduino for RPi compatibility -- Oct 25, 2016 -- LinkSprite’s $25, 64 x 50mm “pcDuino4 Nano” SBC is a re-spin of FriendlyARM’s NanoPi M1, offering a quad-core H3, Raspberry Pi expan... read more
- ARM/FPGA module runs Linux on Arria 10 SoC -- Oct 24, 2016 -- iWave’s rugged, Linux-friendly, 95 x 75mm “Arria 10 SoC Module” expands upon the dual-core, ARM/FPGA SoC from Altera with DDR4 and 24 tran... read more
- Yocto driven camera design taps octa-core Snapdragon -- Oct 21, 2016 -- Qualcomm and Thundercomm unveiled a Linux-supported, 4K camera reference design with an octa-core Snapdragon 625 and video analytics software. Qualcomm and ... read more
- Renesas spins 3rd Gen automotive starter kits, adds new M3 SoC -- Oct 21, 2016 -- Renesas has launched two Linux-ready R-Car starter kits optimized for AGL and GENIVI: an R-Car H3 based “Premier” and a “Pro” with a... read more
- Compact module runs Ubuntu on quad-core G-Series Steppe Eagle -- Oct 20, 2016 -- Arbor has launched an Ubuntu-ready COM Express Compact Type 6 module with a quad-core G-Series Steppe Eagle SoC, plus DDI, USB, SATA, and PCIe connectivity.... read more
- Tiny OpenWRT WiFi module updated in $12 and $4 versions -- Oct 20, 2016 -- The $12 “VoCore2” WiFi COM, which runs OpenWrt on a Mediatek MT7688AN, has won Indiegogo funding and has been joined by a $4 “VoCore2 Lite... read more
- 3.5-inch SBC expands upon Skylake-H -- Oct 19, 2016 -- Commell’s 3.5-inch “LE-37I” SBC features Intel 6th Gen Core CPUs, and offers SATA 3, dual GbE, dual Mini-PCIe with SIM, and a wide-range p... read more
- COM Express Type 6 and Type 7 modules feature security chip -- Oct 18, 2016 -- Kontron’s Linux-ready Intel 6th Gen Type 6 and 5th Gen Type 7 COM Express modules integrate its new Security Solution Approtect technology. In August,... read more
- i.MX6-based Mini-ITX SBC does triple displays -- Oct 18, 2016 -- Advantech launched one of the first ARM Mini-ITX SBCs. The RSB-6410 runs Linux or Android on an i.MX6, and has mini-PCIe, SATA, M.2, and triple displays. Ad... read more
- RPi Compute Module 3 revealed, tapped for NEC signage -- Oct 17, 2016 -- After NEC said it will use the 64-bit RPi Compute Module 3 in its signage displays, the COM’s data sheet was posted, revealing eMMC and SD models. On ... read more
- Open source ResinOS adds Docker to ARM/Linux boards -- Oct 17, 2016 -- Resin.io has spun off the Yocto-based OS behind its Resin.io IoT framework as a ResinOS 2.0 distro for running Docker containers on Linux IoT devices. Resin... read more
- Latest Linksys WRT router supports 802.11ac Wave 2 -- Oct 14, 2016 -- The new, faster, OpenWrt-driven Linksys “WRT3200ACM” WiFi router offers MU-MIMO per the latest AC Wave 2 spec, plus DFS certification and Tri-ba... read more