Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com and HackerBoards.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit HackerBoards.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at HackerBoards.com
- Debian-based WiFi router adds security and parental controls -- Sep 23, 2016 -- The “Roqos Core” dual-band WiFi-ac router runs Debian on a quad-core Atom E3845, and offers a cloud-based security and parental controls service... read more
- Tiniest Braswell COM ships, with 4K video, GbE, up to 8GB RAM -- Sep 22, 2016 -- SolidRun is shipping a tiny module based on Intel Braswell SoCs, and featuring SATA, GbE, HDMI, USB3.0, PCIe, 4K video, up to 8GB RAM, and up to 128GB eMMC.... read more
- Hands-on with the quad-core Cortex-A9 Roseapple Pi hacker SBC -- Sep 22, 2016 -- Guest columnist Rob Reilly checks out the Roseapple Pi, an 85 x 56mm Raspberry Pi imitator based on a quad-core Cortex-A9 Actions Semi S500 SoC. &nbs... read more
- Open source projects for the Internet of Things, from A to Z -- Sep 21, 2016 -- This guide to 21 open source projects for IoT ranges from standards organizations to open source frameworks and dev tools. An Open Source Pers... read more
- A tiny Arduino Zero clone, and an Arduino for cosplayers -- Sep 21, 2016 -- Rabid Prototypes shipped a tiny Arduino Zero clone called the “Tau,” and launched an expanded Zero-like “Firecricket” for light, sou... read more
- Open source machine vision board and robot run Linux and Arduino -- Sep 21, 2016 -- Hicat’s open source, “Livera” machine vision board runs Linux on an ARM9 Hi3518 camera SoC, and Arduino on an Atmel 32u4 MCU, and has an o... read more
- Tiny $2 WiFi module taps ESP8285 WiFi SoC -- Sep 20, 2016 -- [Updated: Sept. 20] — Itead has launched a $2.10, 14 x 13.5mm “PSF-A85” WiFi module based on the ESP8285 SoC, a version of the ESP8266 tha... read more
- Universal prototyping shield supports numerous Arduino models -- Sep 19, 2016 -- On Indiegogo, Awesome PCB’s $13 “ArduShield” prototyping shield supports a wide variety of Arduino boards, including the Uno R3, Mini, Min... read more
- i.MX6 UltraLite COM offers up to 64GB on-board eMMC -- Sep 19, 2016 -- OpenEmbed’s “SOM6210” COM expands upon NXP’s i.MX6 UL SoC with up to 1GB RAM, up to 64GB eMMC, and optional -40 to 80° operating... read more
- Private cloud server and IoT gateway runs Ubuntu Snappy on RPi -- Sep 16, 2016 -- The “Nextcloud Box” is a private cloud server and IoT gateway that combines a Raspberry Pi, running Snappy Ubuntu Core, with a WDLabs 1TB HDD. N... read more
- Skylake box-PC targets transportation applications -- Sep 16, 2016 -- Adlink’s “MXC-6400” is a rugged fanless transportation focused box-PC with a 6th Gen Core CPU, hot-swappable 2.5-inch SATA bays, and lots ... read more
- Hands-on with the Orange Pi One quad-core Linux SBC -- Sep 16, 2016 -- In this brief hands-on review, Ben Martin takes the low cost, quad-core Orange Pi One hacker SBC for a spin, and benchmarks the board’s performance. T... read more
- Rugged, fanless Skylake box-PC has triple GbE and dual HDMI -- Sep 15, 2016 -- Aaeon’s rugged, fanless “Boxer-6639” industrial box-PC features 6th Gen Intel (Skylake) processors plus triple GbE, dual HDMI, and six RS-... read more
- An open source perspective on the Internet of Things (part 1) -- Sep 15, 2016 -- This post is the first in a series that examines the IoT, with a focus on Linux and other open source technologies used in home and industrial automation. &... read more
- Tiny $2 IoT module runs FreeRTOS on Realtek Ameba WiFi SoC -- Sep 15, 2016 -- [Updated: Sept. 15] — Pine64’s $2 “PADI IoT Stamp” module is based on Realtek’s new “RTL8710AF” Cortex-M3 WiFi SoC... read more