Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com and HackerBoards.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit HackerBoards.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at HackerBoards.com
- Conexant voice board lets you summon Alexa from a Raspberry Pi -- Dec 9, 2016 -- Conexant and Amazon have launched an Alexa Voice Service development kit for the Raspberry Pi 3. The kit includes a Conexant AudioSmart CX20921 voice board.... read more
- Rugged EBX single board computer sets off on the Bay Trail -- Dec 9, 2016 -- VersaLogic’s Linux-friendly, EBX style “Viper” SBC offers a Bay Trail Atom E3800, up to 16GB DDR3L, -40 to 85°C support, and MIL-STD-2... read more
- Maximizing the benefits of open source in IoT -- Dec 8, 2016 -- This guest column from VisionMobile Ltd. reveals trends from their survey of 3,700 IoT developers, and highlights key benefits of using open source in IoT. ... read more
- ST launches sensor module and open source dev kit -- Dec 8, 2016 -- ST unveiled a Cortex-M4F based “SensorTile” sensor and BLE module plus an open source dev kit that adds audio, micro-USB, and an Arduino-like in... read more
- Mini Apollo Lake module takes the heat — and the cold -- Dec 8, 2016 -- Congatec’s “Conga-MA5” is a Linux-ready COM Express Compact Type 10 Mini module with Apollo Lake SoCs, up to 128GB eMMC 5.1, and -40 to 85... read more
- Linux Foundation events expand with Open Source Summits -- Dec 7, 2016 -- The Linux Foundation released its 2017 schedule, including an Embedded Linux Conference in Portland on Feb. 21-23 that needs proposal ideas by Dec. 10. This... read more
- Embedded Linux at sweet 16: adapting to the IoT -- Dec 7, 2016 -- At ELC Europe, embedded Linux guru Tim Bird examined the “Status of Embedded Linux” and discussed challenges that it faces in the brave new worl... read more
- USB stick turns 64-bit x86 systems into Linux thin clients -- Dec 6, 2016 -- Igel has launched a “UD Pocket” USB stick that boots up a VDI environment on any 64-bit x86 PC, laptop, or other device without overwriting its ... read more
- Hacker board boots Android and Ubuntu on hexa-core RK3399 -- Dec 6, 2016 -- T-Firefly’s “Firefly-RK3399” is the first hacker SBC built around Rockchip’s hexa-core RK3399 SoC. It features up to 4GB DDR3 RAM, M... read more
- Rugged Skylake embedded PC has wide range power -- Dec 5, 2016 -- Axiomtek’s “eBOX565-500-FL” computer runs Linux or Windows on dual-core Intel 6th Gen CPUs, and offers four USB 3.0 ports and wide-range p... read more
- Pico-ITX SBC runs Ubuntu on Braswell -- Dec 5, 2016 -- DFI announced an Intel Braswell based “BW051” Pico-ITX SBC with up to 8GB DDR3L, mini-PCIe, SATA 3.0, mSATA, and Linux support. DFI, which earli... read more
- Rugged EPIC SBC gets a lift from Bay Trail Atoms -- Dec 2, 2016 -- The rugged, Linux-supported WinSystems “EPX-C414” is an EPIC SBC with an Atom E3800, mini-PCIe and PC/104 expansion, and industrial temperature ... read more
- Amazon extends AWS IoT with offline processing -- Dec 2, 2016 -- The AWS IoT cloud platform now offers Lambda-based “AWS Greengrass” software for Linux IoT devices, enabling offline processing and communicatio... read more
- Tiny i.MX6 module has a trim little carrier too -- Dec 1, 2016 -- E-Con’s Linux-ready “eSOMiMX6-micro” COM offers an i.MX6 SoC, optional WiFi/BT and GbE, and a 54 x 20mm footprint. Its “Meissa-I&rdq... read more
- 3.5-inch Apollo Lake SBC hands you a sixpack of USB 3.0 -- Dec 1, 2016 -- Portwell’s 3.5-inch “PEB-2773” SBC features dual- or quad-core Atom E3900 SoCs, wide-range power, industrial temperature support, and six ... read more