Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit linuxgizmos.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at LinuxGizmos.com
- Raspberry Pi imitator has GbE, 2GB RAM, and 4K video -- Jan 20, 2017 -- Asus has launched a RPi-like “Tinker Board” that runs Debian and Kodi on a quad-core 1.8GHz -A17 RK3288, and offers 2GB RAM, GbE, 4K video, and ... read more
- Linux-based IoT gateway certified for Azure -- Jan 20, 2017 -- IonSign’s “Gluon GMU491 Cloud Gateway” runs Debian on a TI Sitara SoC and aggregates multiple sensor and Modbus inputs for Azure and AWS. ... read more
- Keeping Linux devices secure with rigorous long-term maintenance -- Jan 20, 2017 -- In this ELCE talk, Jan Lübbe of Pengutronix reveals how syncing with upstream projects can keep Linux devices secure and functional for 10 years and be... read more
- Fanless mini-PC runs Linux Mint on Kaby Lake -- Jan 19, 2017 -- Compulab launched a rugged “IPC3” mini-PC that runs Linux on dual-core, 7th Gen Core i7/i5 CPUs, and also debuted three GbE-equipped FACE expans... read more
- Linux-friendly drone controller flies on Intel Joule power -- Jan 19, 2017 -- Gumstix launched a customizable version of its LTE-enabled, PX4-compatible AeroCore 2 MAV controller board that works with the Intel Joule. Gumstix announce... read more
- Open spec, $29 COM shrinks Pine A64 to SODIMM dimensions -- Jan 18, 2017 -- Pine64’s open spec, 67.9 x 31mm “SoPine A64” COM has a quad-core -A53 Allwinner A64 and 2GB RAM, plus an optional baseboard that mimics a ... read more
- Rugged, customizable POS system runs on Braswell -- Jan 17, 2017 -- Advantech’s rugged “UBX-310D” POS computer offers a quad-core, 2.0GHz Celeron J1900, plus SATA, mSATA, and mini-PCIe. Advantech’s UB... read more
- COM runs Linux on Kaby Lake, supports Intel Optane -- Jan 17, 2017 -- Congatec’s Linux-ready “Conga-TS175” COM Express Basic Type 6 module supports 7th Gen Intel Core E/EQ and Xeon CPUs, Intel Optane SSDs, an... read more
- First 3.5-inch Kaby Lake SBC reaches market -- Jan 16, 2017 -- Axiomtek’s 3.5-inch CAPA500 SBC taps LGA1151-ready CPUs from Intel’s 7th and 6th Generations, and offers PCIe, dual GbE, and optional “ZIO... read more
- 64-bit Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 ships for $25 to $30 -- Jan 16, 2017 -- The Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 has arrived with 1GB RAM and the same quad-core -A53 SoC as the RPi 3, available for $30, or $25 without 4GB eMMC. Raspber... read more
- Open source, 3D printed microscope runs on Raspberry Pi -- Jan 12, 2017 -- WaterScope has launched an open source, 3D printable “OpenFlexure” microscope for testing water quality, powered by a Raspberry Pi 3. A Cambridg... read more
- New Linux wireless daemon seeks cleaner connection -- Jan 12, 2017 -- At ELCE, Intel’s Marcel Holtmann described how a new Internet Wireless Daemon will help to streamline the Linux communications stack for IoT. If you&r... read more
- Qseven COM offers Apollo Lake and a security chip -- Jan 12, 2017 -- Portwell’s “PQ7-M108” is a Linux-friendly Qseven COM with Intel Apollo Lake SoCs, up to 8GB of LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC, -40 to 85°C suppo... read more
- Linux ready COM taps FPGA/ARM Arria 10 SoC -- Jan 11, 2017 -- Enclustra’s “Mercury+ AA1” COM runs Linux on an Altera Arria 10 FPGA/ARM hybrid with up to 8GB DDR4, up to 8GB eMMC, PCIe Gen 3, and -40 t... read more
- ELC lineup features Linus, Alexa, Zephyr, and Android Things -- Jan 10, 2017 -- The LF posted the schedule for the Embedded Linux Conference in Portland, Feb. 21-23. Keynotes include Guy Hoffman, Imad Sousou, and Linus Torvalds. Registr... read more