Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com and HackerBoards.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit HackerBoards.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at HackerBoards.com
- Tegra TK1 COM Express module runs Ubuntu at 15W -- Aug 25, 2016 -- Connect Tech has launched an Ubuntu-driven COM Express Compact Type 6 module with an Nvidia Tegra K1 and optional extended temperature support. Nvidia&rsquo... read more
- 4Duino combines Arduino, WiFi, and a 2.4-inch touchscreen -- Aug 25, 2016 -- 4D Systems launched a $79 “4Duino-24” Arduino compatible board, with a 2.4-inch resistive touchscreen and an ESP8266 WiFi module. One reason you... read more
- Open source drone controller has an FPGA-enhanced brain -- Aug 25, 2016 -- Aerotenna has launched an open source, $499 “OcPoc” drone flight controller that runs Linux on an Altera Cyclone V ARM/FPGA SoC. Lawrence, Kansa... read more
- “Thin Mini-ITX” Skylake board has 20mm profile -- Aug 24, 2016 -- Advantech’s Linux-ready “AIMB-285” Mini-ITX board offers 6th Gen Core CPUs, a 20mm profile, mini-PCIe and PCIe, plus an optional enclosure... read more
- Hackable voice-controlled speaker and IoT controller hits KS -- Aug 24, 2016 -- SeedStudio’s hackable, $49 and up “ReSpeaker” speaker system runs OpenWrt on a Mediatek MT7688 and offers voice control over home applianc... read more
- Wireless-crazed, customizable IoT gateway uses ARM or x86 COMs -- Aug 23, 2016 -- Congatec’s modular, Linux-ready IoT Gateway builds on its x86 and ARM Qseven COMs, providing up to 2x GbE, 6x USB, and 3x mini-PCIe connectivity links... read more
- Rugged 3.5-inch SBCs run Linux on Bay Trail and Broadwell -- Aug 22, 2016 -- Perfectron unveiled a pair of 3.5-inch SBCs: one with a quad-core Atom and the other with Broadwell Core SoCs. Both support extended temperatures. Perfectro... read more
- Intel reveals Broxton Atoms with Gen9 GPUs -- Aug 22, 2016 -- At IDF, Intel revealed some new details on the 14nm “Broxton” Atom T5700 and T5500 SoCs. Highlights include Gen9 graphics, DDR4, and more memory... read more
- Intel’s “Euclid” module is a brain, vision, sensor, and hotspot for robots -- Aug 20, 2016 -- Intel demoed a “Euclid” robotics compute module running Ubuntu on a quad-core Atom, and equipped with a RealSense 3D cam, WiFi hotspot, and vari... read more
- “Teensy” Arduino clone grows, with more I/O, USB, and faster CPU -- Aug 19, 2016 -- PJRC is Kickstartering two new models of its “Teensy” Arduino compatible, featuring a faster 180MHz Cortex-M4, more memory, more pins, and a sec... read more
- Open source COM and carriers become 3D-printable computers -- Aug 19, 2016 -- [Updated: Aug. 19] — Rhombus Tech’s Allwinner A20 based, “fully libre” EOMA68 COM and carrier boards can be installed in 3D printed ... read more
- Open source, DAQ-enabled hacking platform feels its inner Arduino -- Aug 18, 2016 -- Agilo’s open source, Arduino Mega compatible “Evive” IoT prototyping and DAQ platform offers a 1.8-inch display, breadboard, analog contro... read more
- i.MX6 Pico-ITX and mini-PC run Android, Ubuntu, and Yocto -- Aug 17, 2016 -- Logic Supply’s Embux-made Pico-ITX SBC runs Android and Linux on an i.MX6 DualLite, and is also available in a mini-PC. Logic Supply is reselling an E... read more
- Intel “Aero” drone board runs Yocto on Cherry Trail -- Aug 17, 2016 -- Intel has launched a Linux-on-Atom powered “Aero Compute Board” and quadcopter, promising improved obstacle navigation based on Intel RealSense.... read more
- Intel Joule IoT module gains a family of DIY companion boards -- Aug 17, 2016 -- Gumstix launched a family of customizable carrier boards in conjunction with Intel’s unveiling of the tiny “Joule” IoT module at IDF in Sa... read more