Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit linuxgizmos.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at LinuxGizmos.com
- Snapdragon 820 lands on an Android Pico-ITX SBC -- Feb 17, 2017 -- [Updated Feb. 18] — Inforce Computing’s model 6640 Pico-ITX SBC is based on a Snapdragon 820 SoC and features 4GB RAM, 4K video, WiFi/BT/GPS wir... read more
- Protecting Linux devices with verified boot, from ROM to Userspace -- Feb 17, 2017 -- Amid growing concern regarding escalating attacks on Linux-based devices, a well-attended talk at ELC Europe 2016 focused on the topic of verified boot sche... read more
- Pico-ITX SBC taps quad- or dual-core Intel Apollo Lake -- Feb 16, 2017 -- Axiomtek’s “PICO312” Pico-ITX SBC offers Intel “Apollo Lake” SoCs and up to 8GB RAM, dual-display support, plus GbE, USB, SATA... read more
- Latest Samsung Artik IoT module offers quad A9 SoC -- Feb 15, 2017 -- Samsung launched a new, Fedora Linux ready Artik 530 COM and development kit, which unlike the dual Cortex-A7 Artik 520, moves to a quad-core Cortex-A9 SoC.... read more
- OpenWrt-driven LoRa gateways feature indoor and outdoor models -- Feb 14, 2017 -- Dragino’s LoRa Gateways run OpenWrt on an Atheros AR9331 — and Arduino on an ATMega328P — and bridge LoRA wireless with IP using WiFi, Eth... read more
- Industrial controller runs Raspbian Linux on Raspberry Pi 3 -- Feb 13, 2017 -- Janz Tec has released an industrial controller built around the Raspberry Pi 3, with WiFi, Bluetooth, CANbus, and CODESYS compatibility. Saelig launched Nor... read more
- Real-time Linux explained, and contrasted with Xenomai and RTAI -- Feb 10, 2017 -- At ELC Europe, Real-time Linux developer Jan Altenberg described the progress of RTL, compared it to Xenomai and RTAI, and unveiled new benchmarks. Real-tim... read more
- Linux-driven dev board harnesses Sitara PRU-ICSS -- Feb 9, 2017 -- MYIR unveiled a new development board for its TI AM437x based “MYC-C437X” module designed to tap the AM437x’s PRU-ICSS real-time chips. In... read more
- Robot arm kit features a Raspberry Pi HAT -- Feb 9, 2017 -- Mime’s open source “MeArm Pi” kit is up on Kickstarter, consisting of a robot arm and a HAT board designed to work with the Raspberry Pi. ... read more
- Open source smart home platform gains Ubuntu snap packages -- Feb 9, 2017 -- Canonical has released a Snap package mechanism for running Ubuntu apps under the openHAB smart home stack, complete with Azul’s Zulu Embedded Java Ru... read more
- Android Wear 2.0 debuts on two LG watches -- Feb 8, 2017 -- Google released Android Wear 2.0, available on the new LG Watch Style and Sport, with an overhauled UI, autonomy, LTE, app downloads, and Google Assistant. ... read more
- Smart lighting gizmo offers video chat, gesture support, and Alexa -- Feb 8, 2017 -- The Linux-based, $149 “Brilliant Control” smart lighting controller has a wall-mounted, 5-inch screen, Alexa voice support, motion control, and ... read more
- HVAC-focused I/O device server runs OpenWrt -- Feb 8, 2017 -- Barix’s OpenWrt-driven “Barionet 1000″ is its first Barionet programmable I/O controller to run Linux, and the first to offer WiFi and USB... read more
- Qseven COM runs Android or Linux on i.MX6 -- Feb 8, 2017 -- DFI’s “FS700” Qseven 1.2 module expands upon NXP’s i.MX6 with up to 2GB of DDR3, up to 16GB eMMC, a microSD slot, SATA, CAN, and PCI... read more
- Linaro’s AOSP TV supports Android TV development on 96Boards -- Feb 7, 2017 -- Linaro released AOSP TV for the HiKey, enabling development for Android TV using 96Boards SBCs without requiring Google Services and verification. The Linar... read more