Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit linuxgizmos.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at LinuxGizmos.com
- Surveying Linux system update and integrity protection schemes -- Apr 28, 2017 -- At ELC 2017, Intel’s Patrick Ohly explores the pros and cons of system update mechanisms and integrity protection schemes for Yocto Project. Given the... read more
- Rugged, Linux-friendly module taps Apollo Lake -- Apr 27, 2017 -- Axiomtek’s “CEM313” COM Express Compact module runs on Intel Apollo Lake, and offers -20 to 70°C support, vibration resistance, and an... read more
- Linux-on-Sitara embedded computer triplets offer mini-PCIe expansion -- Apr 27, 2017 -- VS Vision Systems has launched a trio of embedded systems that run Debian or OpenWrt on a TI AM3352. and offer mini-PCIe wireless options and optional VPN. ... read more
- Most powerful 96Boards SBC yet offers M.2 expansion -- Apr 26, 2017 -- Archermind and LeMaker have launched a “Hikey 960” 96Boards CE SBC for AOSP using HiSilicon’s 4x -A73, 4x -A53 Kirin 960 SoC, and featurin... read more
- Tiny module and Nano-ITX dev board use Qualcomm wearables SoC -- Apr 25, 2017 -- Intrinsyc‘s 31.5 x 15mm “Open‐Q 2100 SOM” and Nano-ITX dev kit for wearables run Android 7.0 or Android Wear on Qualcomm’s Sna... read more
- Open-spec networking Mini-ITX has 1, 2.5, and 10 GbE ports -- Apr 25, 2017 -- SolidRun’s “Marvell MacchiatoBIN” is a $349, Mini-ITX networking SBC that runs Linux 4.4 on Marvell’s quad -A72 Armada 8040, and sup... read more
- Mentor tips Azure IoT support and Linux-driven self-driving tech -- Apr 24, 2017 -- Mentor announced Azure Certified for IoT compliance for Mentor Embedded Linux, and unveiled a Linux-based “DRS360” self-driving car platform. Me... read more
- Open source group focuses on industrial IoT gateway middleware -- Apr 24, 2017 -- The Linux Foundation has launched an open source, cross-platform “EdgeX Foundry” project based on Dell’s FUSE for standardizing middleware... read more
- X-ES spins Enterprise Linux BSP for its x86 boards -- Apr 21, 2017 -- X-ES launched a RHEL-compatible “X-ES Enterprise Linux” distro optimized for its x86 COMs and SBCs starting with its recent Xeon/Broadwell VPX a... read more
- Raspberry Pi HAT does 3G/HSPA, and GNSS too -- Apr 20, 2017 -- Linkwave’s “Pilot” is a Raspberry Pi HAT add-on with a Sierra Wireless HL 3G/HSPA radio, a SIM slot, as well as a GNNS location chip. Sier... read more
- Developing a wearable with Zephyr -- Apr 20, 2017 -- At ELC, Fabien Parent and Neil Armstrong related how they used Zephyr to build a wearable. They praised Zephyr, but dinged the review tools and governance. ... read more
- Ubuntu-friendly Qseven COM runs on Apollo Lake -- Apr 20, 2017 -- Arbor’s Ubuntu-ready “EmQ-i2401” Qseven 2.0 COM features an Apollo Lake SoC, extended temp support, and an optional EPIC carrier board. Ar... read more
- Tinker Board ships in U.S. at $60 -- Apr 19, 2017 -- Asus has launched its Tinker Board SBC in the U.S. for $60, featuring a quad-A17 RK3288 with 2GB RAM, a 40-pin RPi connector, and an updated TinkerOS 1.8. T... read more
- Modular IoT gateway family has hot pluggable wireless options -- Apr 19, 2017 -- Portwell’s highly modular, Linux-friendly “XM-1” line of IoT gateways offers a choice of ARM or x86 CPUs and hot-pluggable ZigBee, LoRa, W... read more
- ADAS development system runs Linux on TI TDA2X SoC -- Apr 18, 2017 -- D3 Engineering’s “DesignCore RVP-TDA2x Development Kit for ADAS” taps TI’s TDA2x, Jacinto 6, or AM562x, and offers a 3GHz FPD-Link I... read more