Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit linuxgizmos.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at LinuxGizmos.com
- Embedded NUC SBC expands upon quad-core -A53 Snapdragon -- Mar 24, 2017 -- Seco announced a wireless-ready “SBC-B47-eNUC” SBC that complies with the 4×4-inch eNUC form factor, and runs Linux or Android on a Snapdr... read more
- Linux-based imaging dev kit targets Basler cameras -- Mar 24, 2017 -- Critical Link unveiled an imaging dev kit based on its Cyclone V-based MitySOM-5CSx module, featuring an interface to Basler BCON dart cameras. Critical Lin... read more
- Modular, open source robotics kit lets you build your own 3D printer -- Mar 23, 2017 -- The Plugg.ee Labs Cortex-M3 based “JuicyBoard” robotics kit is designed for building stepper motor controlled devices like 3D printers or CNC ro... read more
- Rugged, expandable 3.5-inch Skylake SBC supports Linux -- Mar 22, 2017 -- Diamond’s 3.5-inch “Venus” SBC offers an Intel 6th Gen CPU, -40 to 85°C support, up to 20GB of ruggedized RAM, and mini-PCIe and PCIe/... read more
- Toughened up PC/104 SBC runs Linux -- Mar 22, 2017 -- WinSystems unveiled a rugged “PCM-C418” SBC with a dual-core, Vortex86DX3SoC, Fast and Gigabit Ethernet ports, SATA and CF storage, and PC/104 e... read more
- Rugged, Linux-ready sandwich style SBC packs Skylake CPUs -- Mar 21, 2017 -- VersaLogic’s 125 x 85 x 37mm “Blackbird” offers Skylake CPUs, up to 32GB of DDR4, 3x mini-PCIe sockets, wide-range power, and MIL-STD-202G... read more
- Nvidia’s Jetson TX2 module gains third party carrier boards -- Mar 20, 2017 -- Connect Tech released three carriers for the Jetson TX2 and TX1: Cogswell with GigE Vision, Spacely for cam-intensive Pixhawk drones, and a $99 Sprocket. La... read more
- Pico-ITX board gives you Rockchip RK3288 and optional wireless -- Mar 20, 2017 -- Aaeon’s RICO-3288 Pico-ITX SBC runs Android 6.0 on a quad Cortex-A17 RK3288, and offers up to 4Kx2K resolution and optional wireless, CAN, and -20 to ... read more
- Apollo Lake 3.5-inch SBC doubles down on security -- Mar 20, 2017 -- Kontron’s Linux-friendly, x86 3.5-inch form factor Apollo Lake-based SBC features triple display support, TPM 2.0, and optional security services. Kon... read more
- Consortium aims to unify Linux and Android IoT -- Mar 17, 2017 -- Advantech and nine firms, including Retronix, ThunderSoft, Canonical, and Timesys, launched an Embedded Linux & Android Alliance (ELAA) for IoT standard... read more
- UP Core SBC is a smaller, wireless version of the Atom-based UP -- Mar 17, 2017 -- Aaeon’s UP Core is a smaller version of the community-backed, Atom x5 Z8350 based UP board that swaps out the GbE port for WiFi and Bluetooth. Aaeon c... read more
- Ubuntu snaps expand to Orange Pi SBCs and a QorIQ SoC -- Mar 16, 2017 -- Shenzhen Xunlong is launching an Ubuntu snap app store for its Orange Pi SBCs. Canonical also ported its snap-based Ubuntu Core distro to NXP’s LS1043... read more
- NXP aims new MCUs and QorIQ SoCs at IoT -- Mar 16, 2017 -- NXP announced a Linux-ready, dual ARMv8 QorIQ LS1028A SoC with TSN Ethernet, and unveiled several new MCUs including a tiny, 4x4mm MC9S08SUx. NXP used this ... read more
- NXP’s Cortex-A35 based i.MX8 X SoCs put safety first -- Mar 16, 2017 -- NXP’s i.MX8 X SoCs offer 2-4 Cortex-A35 cores, plus Cortex-M4F, Vivante, and Tensilica cores and safety features like ECC and SER. At this week’... read more
- Wireless enabled SODIMM-style COM runs Linux on new i.MX6 ULL SoC -- Mar 15, 2017 -- Toradex unveiled a Linux-driven Colibri module with NXP’s i.MX6 ULL SoC that offers industrial temperature support and dual-band WiFi-ac and BT 4.2/BL... read more