Welcome to the LinuxDevices.com Archive!
The DeviceGuru Blog Network is pleased to host this repository of nearly 15,000 news items and articles formerly published by LinuxDevices.com, a website created in 1999 by LinuxGizmos.com founder Rick Lehrbaum. We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource.
You can browse the LinuxDevices.com Archive by month or year using the Archive Index matrix below, or by means of the searching and browsing tools to the right.
Visit linuxgizmos.com for timely news and analysis on the latest hacker, maker, and developer friendly single-board computers (SBCs), computer-on-modules (COMs), development kits, and small, modular, programmable systems and embedded- or IoT- oriented gizmos built around them.
Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
LinuxDevices.com Archive Index
(click year or month for the corresponding archive)
|Note: The contents of the LinuxDevices Archive have been made available for publication here by QuinStreet Inc., as a donation to the Linux community.
Back to the Future:
Latest News at LinuxGizmos.com
- Mentor tips Azure IoT support and Linux-driven self-driving tech -- Apr 24, 2017 -- Mentor announced Azure Certified for IoT compliance for Mentor Embedded Linux, and unveiled a Linux-based “DRS360” self-driving car platform. Me... read more
- Open source group focuses on industrial IoT gateway middleware -- Apr 24, 2017 -- The Linux Foundation has launched an open source, cross-platform “EdgeX Foundry” project based on Dell’s FUSE for standardizing middleware... read more
- X-ES spins Enterprise Linux BSP for its x86 boards -- Apr 21, 2017 -- X-ES launched a RHEL-compatible “X-ES Enterprise Linux” distro optimized for its x86 COMs and SBCs starting with its recent Xeon/Broadwell VPX a... read more
- Raspberry Pi HAT does 3G/HSPA, and GNSS too -- Apr 20, 2017 -- Linkwave’s “Pilot” is a Raspberry Pi HAT add-on with a Sierra Wireless HL 3G/HSPA radio, a SIM slot, as well as a GNNS location chip. Sier... read more
- Developing a wearable with Zephyr -- Apr 20, 2017 -- At ELC, Fabien Parent and Neil Armstrong related how they used Zephyr to build a wearable. They praised Zephyr, but dinged the review tools and governance. ... read more
- Ubuntu-friendly Qseven COM runs on Apollo Lake -- Apr 20, 2017 -- Arbor’s Ubuntu-ready “EmQ-i2401” Qseven 2.0 COM features an Apollo Lake SoC, extended temp support, and an optional EPIC carrier board. Ar... read more
- Tinker Board ships in U.S. at $60 -- Apr 19, 2017 -- Asus has launched its Tinker Board SBC in the U.S. for $60, featuring a quad-A17 RK3288 with 2GB RAM, a 40-pin RPi connector, and an updated TinkerOS 1.8. T... read more
- Modular IoT gateway family has hot pluggable wireless options -- Apr 19, 2017 -- Portwell’s highly modular, Linux-friendly “XM-1” line of IoT gateways offers a choice of ARM or x86 CPUs and hot-pluggable ZigBee, LoRa, W... read more
- ADAS development system runs Linux on TI TDA2X SoC -- Apr 18, 2017 -- D3 Engineering’s “DesignCore RVP-TDA2x Development Kit for ADAS” taps TI’s TDA2x, Jacinto 6, or AM562x, and offers a 3GHz FPD-Link I... read more
- Raspberry Pi pulse generator HAT targets motor control -- Apr 18, 2017 -- CNC Design’s “Pulse Train Hat” is a Raspberry Pi add-on that generates variable frequency pulses for automation systems such as stepper/se... read more
- Pico-ITX Apollo Lake SBC offers multiple expansion options -- Apr 18, 2017 -- Axiomtek’s PICO313 Pico-ITX SBC extends Intel’s Apollo Lake SoCs with 2x mini-PCIe slots, 2x homegrown connectors, and an I/O board with real-wo... read more
- Module runs Linux on new octa-core RZ/G1H SoC, has nano-ITX carrier -- Apr 17, 2017 -- iWave’s rugged “iW-RainboW-G21M-Q7” COM debuts the octa-core Renesas RZ/G1H, and adds 2GB DDR3, 4GB eMMC, and support for GbE, SATA 3.1, U... read more
- Cloud-enabled WiFi router adds VPN and Dynamic DNS -- Apr 14, 2017 -- Roqos has upgraded its Linux-based “Roqos Core” dual-band WiFi-ac router with a v.16 upgrade that adds VPN connections and Dynamic DNS. The Debi... read more
- Cutting Linux down to size -- Apr 14, 2017 -- New tools like musl, toybox, and Clang are offering new techniques for shrinking the Linux kernel, file-system, and user space for IoT. At last year’s... read more
- Video-focused hacker SBC mimics RPi 3 and Odroid-C2 -- Apr 14, 2017 -- The $40, open-spec NanoPi K2 is like an Odroid-C2 with WiFi and BT 4.0. It offers a 1.5GHz quad Cortex-A53 Amlogic S905 SoC, 4x USB, GbE, and a 40-pin bus. ... read more